- Case Studies
This development at the Newcastle General Hospital, Campus for Ageing and Vitality provided a temporary Ophthalmology unit for the treatment and prevention of diseases of the eye.
System: Standard Ramp Sytem
Extensive access solutions were required to all points of access and egress from the unit.
- Provide ramping and stepped access to the main entrance of the unit.
- Provide ramping and stepped access to the rear exits of the unit, to maintain a one way system.
- Ramping to the loading area of the unit where equipment and supplies could be brought into the hospital.
Main requirements and features
- Balustrade: This access solution was specified to be fully balustraded.
- 1100mm High Rails: Installed at specified position on the platform sections, these rails provide additional safety and assurance
Time spent on site
All modular ramp system components were installed in only 7 working days with the total time from inquiry to survey, design and installation taking just under 30 days.
All works were completed within exacting timescales and on a highly intricate site. We were pleased to be able to offer our products and services at such short notice, during the COVID-19 pandemic, helping patients at the Newcastle General Hospital and to the satisfaction of Robertson Group and the Newcastle NHS Foundation Trust.